- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Fergie Wants Ashley Cole & Frank Lampard At United Next Season
The report claims the long-serving United boss will try and persuade the Blues pair to move to Old Trafford when their contracts expire at the end of the season. It’s understood that 34-year-old Lampard has already been told he will not be offered a new deal at Stamford Bridge while 32-year-old Cole has so far been unable to reach an agreement with the club over a one-year extension.
The Sun claims Fergie is willing to offer both players one-year deals with the option to renew for a further year if things work out well. Lampard is said to be ‘very keen’ on the idea but the newspaper suggests Cole may take some convincing as he also has the option of going to big-spending Paris St Germain.
With both Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs expected to retire at the end of the season, it’s a shrewd move from Ferguson to try and replace them with experienced heads that can help pass on their wisdom to the United youngsters.
This is what I think sets Ferguson apart from other managers. He realises the importance of experience in his squad, and while some other managers may opt to bring in younger players to freshen things up, the wiley Scot knows an old head can be just as important in the dressing room, especially when you’re chasing top trophies.
It would be a stunning double-swoop if United can pull it off. Let’s see how things develop in the coming weeks.
What do United and Chelsea fans think about the possibility of Cole and Lampard going to Old Trafford? Get involved in the comments section below.