- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
Liverpool & Man Utd Scouts Watch Brazilian Striker
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Man Utd and Liverpool are linked with a Brazilian striker.
Scouts from Manchester United and Liverpool were in the stands to watch Rayo Vallecano beat Getafe on Monday night with the Daily Mail claiming they were running-the-rule over striker Leo Baptistao.
The report claims United had scout Martin Ferguson in attendance alongside representatives from Liverpool, Wigan and QPR with the Premier League clubs keeping a close eye on the 20-year-old Brazilian hitman.
Baptistao has been with Vallecano since making the move to Spain from Santos as a 16-year-old but his progress has been hampered by two serious arm injuries. However, now fully-fit, he has finally made a first-team breakthrough after was given his chance up front after Michu was sold to Swansea in the summer.
He has started 17 games this season – scoring 6 La Liga goals so far – and while he wasn’t able to get on the score-sheet during a 3-1 win on Monday, he did impress the on-looking scouts and set-up Vallecano’s third goal scored by Piti.
Will United or Liverpool follow up their reported interest? That remains to be seen but we’ll keep you up-to-date on any developments as and when they happen.