- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Liverpool & Man Utd Scouts Watch Brazilian Striker
The report claims United had scout Martin Ferguson in attendance alongside representatives from Liverpool, Wigan and QPR with the Premier League clubs keeping a close eye on the 20-year-old Brazilian hitman.
Baptistao has been with Vallecano since making the move to Spain from Santos as a 16-year-old but his progress has been hampered by two serious arm injuries. However, now fully-fit, he has finally made a first-team breakthrough after was given his chance up front after Michu was sold to Swansea in the summer.
He has started 17 games this season – scoring 6 La Liga goals so far – and while he wasn’t able to get on the score-sheet during a 3-1 win on Monday, he did impress the on-looking scouts and set-up Vallecano’s third goal scored by Piti.
Will United or Liverpool follow up their reported interest? That remains to be seen but we’ll keep you up-to-date on any developments as and when they happen.