- Liverpool Star Has £82m Anti Arsenal Buy-Out Clause Following Failed Suarez Swoop
- Arsenal Confirm Major Injury Blow: Cazorla To Miss 3 Months Following Surgery
- Arsenal Boss Confirms Double Fitness Boost + Offers Cazorla Injury Update
- Tottenham Team News: Pochettino Confirms Key Duo Could Be Fit For Arsenal Clash
- Jose Mourinho Offers Worrying Update After Bailly Suffers ‘Bad’ Injury v Chelsea
- Man Utd Boss Offers Fitness Update On Duo Ahead Of Chelsea Clash
Chelsea In Talks To Beat Arsenal To French Midfielder
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Giannelli Imbula is linked with a move.
Chelsea are understood to be in talks to sign Guingamp midfielder Giannelli Imbula- who has also attracted interest from Arsenal, according to the Metro.
The report claims scouts from both Arsenal and Chelsea have been impressed by the performances of the 20-year-old midfielder in recent months, but the European champions are understood to have stolen a march on their London rivals and are working hard to try and tie up a deal.
Imbula plays for French Ligue 2 outfit Guingamp and the 6 foot 1 inch Congo international is a powerful midfielder who’s apparently been likened to Gunners legend Patrick Vieira.
The Metro claim Blues boss Rafa Benitez has made the signing of Imbula a priority this month but Guingamp are said to be reluctant to sell and Chelsea may have to meet the players £6m buy-out clause if they’re to land him.
However, the newspaper suggest the French side may be prepared to accept a lower fee if Chelsea agree to loan the midfielder back to them for the rest of the season and further talks over a potential deal are expected this week.
I must admit I know little about this player but I can only assume that if Arsenal and Chelsea are interested, they see him as one for the future. He’s highly unlikely to step out of the Guingamp team as an inexperienced 20-year-old and secure a first team place any time soon.
While Imbula may not be the type of signing Arsenal or Chelsea fans want this month, you never know, he may just turn out to be the ‘next Vieira’ (how many of those have there been in the past?!).
Who would you like your team to sign this month? Get involved in the comments section below.