- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Chelsea In Talks To Beat Arsenal To French Midfielder
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Giannelli Imbula is linked with a move.
The report claims scouts from both Arsenal and Chelsea have been impressed by the performances of the 20-year-old midfielder in recent months, but the European champions are understood to have stolen a march on their London rivals and are working hard to try and tie up a deal.
Imbula plays for French Ligue 2 outfit Guingamp and the 6 foot 1 inch Congo international is a powerful midfielder who’s apparently been likened to Gunners legend Patrick Vieira.
The Metro claim Blues boss Rafa Benitez has made the signing of Imbula a priority this month but Guingamp are said to be reluctant to sell and Chelsea may have to meet the players £6m buy-out clause if they’re to land him.
However, the newspaper suggest the French side may be prepared to accept a lower fee if Chelsea agree to loan the midfielder back to them for the rest of the season and further talks over a potential deal are expected this week.
I must admit I know little about this player but I can only assume that if Arsenal and Chelsea are interested, they see him as one for the future. He’s highly unlikely to step out of the Guingamp team as an inexperienced 20-year-old and secure a first team place any time soon.
While Imbula may not be the type of signing Arsenal or Chelsea fans want this month, you never know, he may just turn out to be the ‘next Vieira’ (how many of those have there been in the past?!).
Who would you like your team to sign this month? Get involved in the comments section below.