- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
Man Utd Injury Update Ahead Of Liverpool Game: Rooney, Nani & More…
Manchester United welcome fierce rivals Liverpool to Old Trafford on Sunday and boss Sir Alex Ferguson has given a team news and injury update ahead of the game.
The United supremo gave the latest on striker Wayne Rooney, midfielders Nani and Anderson and defender Phil Jones.
The bad news is that Rooney will miss the game after failing to recover from a knee injury in time to face Liverpool, but Ferguson expects the striker to return to training today and should be back in contention to face West Ham next Wednesday.
There is better news on the fitness of Nani and Anderson with the pair fit to return to the squad this weekend after lengthy spells on the sidelines through injury, and Jones is also close to a first team comeback but is expected to face the Hammers in the FA Cup replay next week.
Fergie told Manchester United’s official website:
“I’m hoping Wayne will start training today actually, in which case he won’t be far away,”
“I don’t think it’s a big issue but it will help him along. The injury is quite straightforward so if he starts today we should have him available for Wednesday’s game.
“Nani’s back in training and will be in the squad on Sunday. Phil Jones is back, although I think Wednesday is more likely for him. Anderson has been back training for 10 days so he’ll be in the squad on Sunday.
“All in all, we’re in a healthy situation. How long it will last I don’t know, but it’s good to have them back.
So United are in good shape heading into the crunch match with the Merseysiders on Sunday. What would your team be for the game after hearing the team news? Get involved in the comments section below.