- Adidas Pushing For Deal As Man Utd Plot World Record Move For La Liga Attacker
- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
Chelsea Transfer News: Blues Submit £8.5m Bid For Spanish Striker
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, are Chelsea set to secure their second signing of the transfer window?
Chelsea have submitted an £8.5 million offer for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas, according to the Daily Star.
The Spanish forward scored 23 goals last season to help Celta gain promotion back to the top flight and has continued that impressive form this campaign, scoring 8 goals in 18 appearances so far in La Liga.
The Star claims the European champions tabled an £8.5m bid for Aspas on Sunday night as they try and secure his signature before the transfer window closes at the end of the month, but it’s understood they may be willing to allow the 25-year-old to stay with Celta for the rest of the season before bringing him to Stamford Bridge in the summer.
Aspas has been something of a late bloomer in the game and has only really made the breakthrough in the last 18 months having been with Celta Vigo his entire senior career since joining the club in 2006.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Despite his lack of reputation, the Star suggest Chelsea are willing to take a risk on him and senior officials at the Spanish outfit are believed to be meeting today to discuss the Blues offer.
The Mirror also report that Chelsea are interested in the Spanish striker but claim Reading may be set to rival the west Londoners to his signature. If the Blues complete the deal, Aspas will become Chelsea’s second signing following the arrival of Demba Ba from Newcastle.
Would Chelsea fans like to see Aspas come to the club? Get involved in the comments section below.