- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Liverpool Transfer News: Defender Expected At Melwood For Trial
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Liverpool invite Vegard Forren for a trial.
Liverpool are favourites to land highly sought after Norwegian international defender Vegard Forren after inviting the player for a trial ahead of a proposed move from Molde, according to Sky Sports.
The report claims the Reds have jumped ahead of Mersey rivals Everton in the race for the centre-back with the 24-year-old due at the club’s Melwood training ground on Tuesday for Brendan Rodgers to begin assessing the talented stopper.
Initial reports claimed Liverpool had agreed terms over a £4m transfer but Sky Sports claim that’s not the case and it’s simply an initial trial for a player that has also attracted interest from the likes of Manchester United, Fulham as well as rivals Everton.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
With club veteran Jamie Carragher entering his twilight years, it seems Liverpool may be preparing for life without the 34-year-old. Vegard is a 6 foot 1 inch central defender who has earned five international caps so far in his career, and it appears that Brendan Rodgers wants to take a closer look at him before making any potential permanent move for the player.
What do Liverpool fans make of Forren coming for a trial? Get involved in the comments section below.