- Man Utd Determined To Beat Chelsea To Signing Of £50m-Rated International
- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
Liverpool Transfer News: Defender Expected At Melwood For Trial
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Liverpool invite Vegard Forren for a trial.
Liverpool are favourites to land highly sought after Norwegian international defender Vegard Forren after inviting the player for a trial ahead of a proposed move from Molde, according to Sky Sports.
The report claims the Reds have jumped ahead of Mersey rivals Everton in the race for the centre-back with the 24-year-old due at the club’s Melwood training ground on Tuesday for Brendan Rodgers to begin assessing the talented stopper.
Initial reports claimed Liverpool had agreed terms over a £4m transfer but Sky Sports claim that’s not the case and it’s simply an initial trial for a player that has also attracted interest from the likes of Manchester United, Fulham as well as rivals Everton.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
With club veteran Jamie Carragher entering his twilight years, it seems Liverpool may be preparing for life without the 34-year-old. Vegard is a 6 foot 1 inch central defender who has earned five international caps so far in his career, and it appears that Brendan Rodgers wants to take a closer look at him before making any potential permanent move for the player.
What do Liverpool fans make of Forren coming for a trial? Get involved in the comments section below.