- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Liverpool Transfer News: Defender Expected At Melwood For Trial
Liverpool are favourites to land highly sought after Norwegian international defender Vegard Forren after inviting the player for a trial ahead of a proposed move from Molde, according to Sky Sports.
The report claims the Reds have jumped ahead of Mersey rivals Everton in the race for the centre-back with the 24-year-old due at the club’s Melwood training ground on Tuesday for Brendan Rodgers to begin assessing the talented stopper.
Initial reports claimed Liverpool had agreed terms over a £4m transfer but Sky Sports claim that’s not the case and it’s simply an initial trial for a player that has also attracted interest from the likes of Manchester United, Fulham as well as rivals Everton.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
With club veteran Jamie Carragher entering his twilight years, it seems Liverpool may be preparing for life without the 34-year-old. Vegard is a 6 foot 1 inch central defender who has earned five international caps so far in his career, and it appears that Brendan Rodgers wants to take a closer look at him before making any potential permanent move for the player.
What do Liverpool fans make of Forren coming for a trial? Get involved in the comments section below.