- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Arsenal Ready To Trigger Senegal Midfielder’s Buy-Out Clause?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Arsenal eye Diame?
News this morning that Arsenal may be looking to add to their midfield options with Arsene Wenger believed to be weighing-up a £3.5 million move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame, according to the Sun.
Diame has been in impressive form this season after making a free transfer move from Wigan in the summer and the report claims the Hammers have offered him a new contract to try and double his existing buy-out clause of £3.5 million to £7 million.
However, Diame is yet to sign and the Sun suggests we’re interested in bringing him to the Emirates this month with Wenger believed to be keen on strengthening his midfield options after Mikel Arteta was ruled out for around three weeks with a calf strain.
Diame has been on the sidelines in recent weeks with a hamstring problem but is set to play in Wednesday nights FA Cup replay with Manchester United and the newspaper claims Arsenal will scout the 25-year-old tomorrow with the view of submitting a £3.5 million bid if he proves his fitness.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
I feel Diame would be an excellent signing and at £3.5 million he’d be one of the bargains of the season. His style is similar to Abou Diaby but we all know he can’t stay fit so it would be good to have a ready-made replacement.
Let’s see if this progresses but I’d like to see Arsene start making some moves soon and not wait till the last day of the window, as we’ve got a busy schedule coming up and the squad clearly needs some new faces.
Would you like Diame at Arsenal? Get involved in the comments section below.