- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Man Utd Transfer News: Nani Out, Angel Di Maria In?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Man Utd are linked with a raid on Real Madrid.
Manchester United are eyeing Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria as a potential replacement for Nani, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims Nani could be on the move after failing to agree terms over a new contract at Old Trafford and while fresh negotiations as understood to be in the pipeline, if the Portuguese winger does leave Di Maria could be the man to replace him.
talkSPORT suggest that United missed out on signing the Argentinean attacker when he chose a move to Madrid ahead of Manchester when he left Benfica in 2010, but his time at the Bernabeu hasn’t gone according to plan.
The 24-year-old’s form has been mixed and he hasn’t been able to cement his place in Jose Mourinho’s first team on a regular basis. According to talkSPORT, this has lead to suggestions he could be on the move in the summer and United may be ready to resurrect their interest.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Di Maria is a superb talent and I would love to see him in the Premier League. While he may not have shown his best form in a Madrid shirt yet, he’s still shown glimpses of the form that earned him a big-money move to the Spanish giants and I’d back Sir Alex Ferguson to get the best out of him if he had the chance.
I’d suggest that should United manage to shift Nani and replace him with Di Maria, they would be stronger for it. But there is a long way to go before that happens, for now it’s just paper talk.
Would United fans like to see Di Maria replace Nani in the summer? Get involved in the comments section below.