- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Man Utd Transfer News: Nani Out, Angel Di Maria In?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Man Utd are linked with a raid on Real Madrid.
Manchester United are eyeing Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria as a potential replacement for Nani, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims Nani could be on the move after failing to agree terms over a new contract at Old Trafford and while fresh negotiations as understood to be in the pipeline, if the Portuguese winger does leave Di Maria could be the man to replace him.
talkSPORT suggest that United missed out on signing the Argentinean attacker when he chose a move to Madrid ahead of Manchester when he left Benfica in 2010, but his time at the Bernabeu hasn’t gone according to plan.
The 24-year-old’s form has been mixed and he hasn’t been able to cement his place in Jose Mourinho’s first team on a regular basis. According to talkSPORT, this has lead to suggestions he could be on the move in the summer and United may be ready to resurrect their interest.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Di Maria is a superb talent and I would love to see him in the Premier League. While he may not have shown his best form in a Madrid shirt yet, he’s still shown glimpses of the form that earned him a big-money move to the Spanish giants and I’d back Sir Alex Ferguson to get the best out of him if he had the chance.
I’d suggest that should United manage to shift Nani and replace him with Di Maria, they would be stronger for it. But there is a long way to go before that happens, for now it’s just paper talk.
Would United fans like to see Di Maria replace Nani in the summer? Get involved in the comments section below.