- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
- Man Utd Target Refuses To Rule Out £40m Arsenal Move Following Talks With Wenger
Man Utd Injury & Team News Update: Vidic, Young, Rooney & More…
Manchester United welcome West Ham to Old Trafford on Wednesday night for their FA Cup third round replay and Sir Alex Ferguson has given a team and injury news update ahead of the game.
Speaking to ManUtd.com, Ferguson gave the latest on Nemanja Vidic, Ashley Young, Wayne Rooney, Nani and Jonny Evans.
First up there is positive news on the fitness of defender Vidic and midfielder Young, after both were taken off during Sunday’s 2-1 win over Liverpool.
The Serbian defender was reported to have suffered a knee problem but the United boss confirmed that Vidic actually suffered concussion after clashing heads with Andre Wisdom during the game but has trained well on Monday.
There is also no serious concern over Young, who left the stadium on crutches at the weekend after a heavy collision with Daniel Agger, but Fergie claims the injury shouldn’t keep him out longer than a week. He told Man Utd’s official website:
“Actually, Vida’s knee is okay, It was concussion. He had a little bit of concussion but he’s okay and fine. He trained yesterday and was good.
“There are no other serious knocks really. I think they’re all pretty good. Obviously, Young has got a dull knock, a little bit of a strain on the knee, but it’s nothing serious. I think he’ll be back next week. Maybe not for Tottenham but, the week after, he should be okay.”
Sir Alex also told MUTV that Wayne Rooney and Nani will both feature in the FA Cup replay with the Hammers on Wednesday but Jonny Evans is unlikely to play after missing the Liverpool game through injury.
Now we’ve heard the team news, what would your team be for the game tomorrow? Get involved in the comments section below.