- Theo Walcott Offers Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal ‘Working’ On Deal To Re-Sign Unsettled Van Persie
- Chelsea Offered Tempting Diego Costa + £8m Swap Deal In Exchange For Courtois
- Cavani Agent In London For Talks Over Potential £54m Summer Move
- Chelsea Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s Salah Move After Submitting £10m Bid
- [Player Ratings] Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd: How The Blues Players Rated
Man Utd Injury & Team News Update: Vidic, Young, Rooney & More…
First up there is positive news on the fitness of defender Vidic and midfielder Young, after both were taken off during Sunday’s 2-1 win over Liverpool.
The Serbian defender was reported to have suffered a knee problem but the United boss confirmed that Vidic actually suffered concussion after clashing heads with Andre Wisdom during the game but has trained well on Monday.
There is also no serious concern over Young, who left the stadium on crutches at the weekend after a heavy collision with Daniel Agger, but Fergie claims the injury shouldn’t keep him out longer than a week. He told Man Utd’s official website:
“Actually, Vida’s knee is okay, It was concussion. He had a little bit of concussion but he’s okay and fine. He trained yesterday and was good.
“There are no other serious knocks really. I think they’re all pretty good. Obviously, Young has got a dull knock, a little bit of a strain on the knee, but it’s nothing serious. I think he’ll be back next week. Maybe not for Tottenham but, the week after, he should be okay.”
Sir Alex also told MUTV that Wayne Rooney and Nani will both feature in the FA Cup replay with the Hammers on Wednesday but Jonny Evans is unlikely to play after missing the Liverpool game through injury.
Now we’ve heard the team news, what would your team be for the game tomorrow? Get involved in the comments section below.