- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
- Chelsea Agree €91m Deal Following Meeting In London On Thursday
Man Utd Injury & Team News Update: Vidic, Young, Rooney & More…
First up there is positive news on the fitness of defender Vidic and midfielder Young, after both were taken off during Sunday’s 2-1 win over Liverpool.
The Serbian defender was reported to have suffered a knee problem but the United boss confirmed that Vidic actually suffered concussion after clashing heads with Andre Wisdom during the game but has trained well on Monday.
There is also no serious concern over Young, who left the stadium on crutches at the weekend after a heavy collision with Daniel Agger, but Fergie claims the injury shouldn’t keep him out longer than a week. He told Man Utd’s official website:
“Actually, Vida’s knee is okay, It was concussion. He had a little bit of concussion but he’s okay and fine. He trained yesterday and was good.
“There are no other serious knocks really. I think they’re all pretty good. Obviously, Young has got a dull knock, a little bit of a strain on the knee, but it’s nothing serious. I think he’ll be back next week. Maybe not for Tottenham but, the week after, he should be okay.”
Sir Alex also told MUTV that Wayne Rooney and Nani will both feature in the FA Cup replay with the Hammers on Wednesday but Jonny Evans is unlikely to play after missing the Liverpool game through injury.
Now we’ve heard the team news, what would your team be for the game tomorrow? Get involved in the comments section below.