- Liverpool Dealt Injury Blow As Star Taken To Hospital Following Training Incident
- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
Liverpool Transfer News: Defender Set For Loan Move?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Sebastian Coates is set for a move away from Anfield.
West Brom boss Steve Clarke has set his sights on Liverpool’s Sebastien Coates and wants to sign the defender on loan with a view to a permanent transfer, according to the Mirror.
The Uruguayan stopper has struggled to establish himself in Brendan Rodgers first team this season and has been largely resigned to featuring in the cups, with just 49 minutes of Premier League football under his belt since August.
The Mirror claim that West Brom want to take Coates on loan for the rest of the season with a view to making the move permanent at the end of the season if all goes to plan. Clarke worked with the 22-year-old during his time at Anfield and is understood to be keen on linking up with him again at the Hawthorns, with the report suggesting a deal could be tied-up in the next 48 hours.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Coates arrived at Anfield from Nacional in 2011 with a big reputation but has really struggled to force his way past Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger, and has only made 10 Premier League appearances for the club.
At 22, he’s getting to the age where he’ll be wanting regular first team football so he may very well jump at the chance to move to West Brom. A loan move for the rest of the season would make sense.
Do Liverpool fans think Coates should have been given more game time? Get involved in the comments section below.