- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
- Chelsea Agree €91m Deal Following Meeting In London On Thursday
Liverpool Transfer News: Defender Set For Loan Move?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Sebastian Coates is set for a move away from Anfield.
The Uruguayan stopper has struggled to establish himself in Brendan Rodgers first team this season and has been largely resigned to featuring in the cups, with just 49 minutes of Premier League football under his belt since August.
The Mirror claim that West Brom want to take Coates on loan for the rest of the season with a view to making the move permanent at the end of the season if all goes to plan. Clarke worked with the 22-year-old during his time at Anfield and is understood to be keen on linking up with him again at the Hawthorns, with the report suggesting a deal could be tied-up in the next 48 hours.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Coates arrived at Anfield from Nacional in 2011 with a big reputation but has really struggled to force his way past Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger, and has only made 10 Premier League appearances for the club.
At 22, he’s getting to the age where he’ll be wanting regular first team football so he may very well jump at the chance to move to West Brom. A loan move for the rest of the season would make sense.
Do Liverpool fans think Coates should have been given more game time? Get involved in the comments section below.