- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
Tottenham Confirm Sandro Ruled Out For Season
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the bad news that midfielder Sandro is expected to miss the rest of the season following knee surgery.
The Brazilian has been in superb form this season at the heart of Andre Villas-Boas’ midfield and has started all 22 Premier League games so far this campaign to help guide the north Londoners to fourth place in the table.
However, Sandro was forced off during last weekend’s 0-0 draw with Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road after falling awkwardly on his right knee. He underwent surgery earlier in the week and scans revealed the full extend of the injury with the club confirming the 23-year-old is expected to miss the rest of the season after injuring both his Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Lateral Meniscus:
A statement on the club’s official website read:
Following consultation with the knee surgeon, the Club can report that Sandro is expected to be sidelined for the rest of the season after surgery on his right knee earlier this week.
The Brazil international was forced off during Saturday’s game against Queens Park Rangers after injuring both his Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Lateral Meniscus.
The news will come as a huge blow to Spurs boss AVB but he’s lucky in the respect that he has a ready-made replacement in Scott Parker, who is fit again after returning from his own injury last month.
How much will Tottenham miss Sandro? Get involved in the comments section below.