- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Must Up Offer To Land Brazilian Playmaker
Liverpool will have to up the bidding in order to land Brazilian playmaker Philippe Coutinho with Inter Milan holding out for around €12m (£10m), according to the Mirror.
The report claims Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has been looking for an alternative to Thomas Ince after negotiations with Blackpool over the signing of the 20-year-old broke down. His search seems to have led him to Coutinho but the Merseysiders may have to pay a little more than they had hoped to land the talented midfielder.
The Mirror claim Liverpool saw an £8m bid turned down by Inter over the weekend with the Italian’s understood to be holding out for an offer closer to €12m (£10m).
Read more Liverpool transfer news
The 20-year-old moved to Inter from Vasco da Gama in 2010 but has struggled to make an impact in Serie A and was sent out on loan to Espanyol last season where he scored 5 goals in 16 first team appearances.
Coutinho has continued to struggle for game-time back with Milan this season and has only made 5 league appearances so far this campaign. However, his first team opportunities may have been boosted with the news that Wesley Sneijder has completed a move to Turkish giants Galatasaray.
Would Liverpool fans like to see Coutinho move to Anfield? Get involved in the comments section below.