- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Must Up Offer To Land Brazilian Playmaker
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Liverpool move for Philippe Coutinho.
Liverpool will have to up the bidding in order to land Brazilian playmaker Philippe Coutinho with Inter Milan holding out for around €12m (£10m), according to the Mirror.
The report claims Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has been looking for an alternative to Thomas Ince after negotiations with Blackpool over the signing of the 20-year-old broke down. His search seems to have led him to Coutinho but the Merseysiders may have to pay a little more than they had hoped to land the talented midfielder.
The Mirror claim Liverpool saw an £8m bid turned down by Inter over the weekend with the Italian’s understood to be holding out for an offer closer to €12m (£10m).
Read more Liverpool transfer news
The 20-year-old moved to Inter from Vasco da Gama in 2010 but has struggled to make an impact in Serie A and was sent out on loan to Espanyol last season where he scored 5 goals in 16 first team appearances.
Coutinho has continued to struggle for game-time back with Milan this season and has only made 5 league appearances so far this campaign. However, his first team opportunities may have been boosted with the news that Wesley Sneijder has completed a move to Turkish giants Galatasaray.
Would Liverpool fans like to see Coutinho move to Anfield? Get involved in the comments section below.