- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Arsenal Transfer News: Gunners Table Bid For French Midfielder
The report claims the boss is keen to strengthen his midfield before the transfer window slams shut at the end of the month and has made his move to try and land exciting youngster Thauvin, who is also believed to have also attracted interest from Newcastle United.
The Express claims Arsenal’s £4 million offer is double what the Geordies have put on the table so far and Wenger is trying to persuade Bastia to let the 19-year-old leave this month, with the French outfit said to want him to stay until the summer.
I think it’s safe to say we need to strengthen the squad but I must admit I would be majorly underwhelmed if this Thauvin lad was our only midfield signing.
The youngster is more of an attacking midfielder and he’s been in impressive form this season – scoring three goals in 17 games so far – but is he really going to be able to come in and make a real impression on the first team during the second half of the season? Doubtful.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
We’re at a stage when we need to be signing ready-made players with proven quality. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for signing the best young talent as well. You always need to look to the future. But right now Arsenal need to be signing top quality players who will make a real impact in the next few months.
So if we do end up signing Tauvin, let’s hope he’s accompanied by some more established names.
Who do you think Arsenal should sign? Get involved in the comments section below.