- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
- Chelsea Agree €91m Deal Following Meeting In London On Thursday
Chelsea Transfer News: Midfielder Set For Loan Move?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, is Marko Marin set for a loan move?
The German international only moved to Chelsea from Werder Bremen in the summer but has failed to make an impact at Stamford Bridge during his short stay. The 23-year-old has only managed one start in the Premier League and has made only eight appearances in total so far, mainly in the cup competitions and has yet to find the back of the net.
The Express claim CSKA Moscow have now offered Marin a way out of west London with the promise of more game time and the Russian outfit’s chairman is understood to have contacted Blues owner Roman Abramovich about the possibility of taking him on loan until the end of the season.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Marin arrived at the Bridge with a decent reputation but has been a huge disappointment. In fairness, he hasn’t been given a lot of opportunities and he has the unenviable task of trying to replace Juan Mata, Oscar and Eden Hazard in the Chelsea attack, but he’d surely have been given more game time if he was impressing enough in training.
A loan move seems like a sensible solution as the player is unlikely to be enjoying spending his time on the bench. With a week left of the January transfer window, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Marin leave on loan. Watch this space.
Does Marin deserve more first team opportunities? Get involved in the comments section below.