- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Fergie Ponders Move For Kenyan Midfielder After Making Personal Scouting Trip
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Fergie has been on a scouting mission.
With his United squad off at a warm weather training camp in Qatar, Ferguson decided to brave to cold of Glasgow to watch highly-rated Wanyama score the second goal to cap an impressive display in a 4-0 win over Dundee United.
The Mirror claim the Scot has sent brother Martin to run-the-rule over the 21-year-old several times already this season and is now weighing up making a £10m move for the midfield enforcer.
Wanyama only moved to Celtic in July 2011 from Belgian outfit Beerschot but has made a huge impact at the SPL champions and has played a major role in the club reaching the last 16 of this seasons Champions League, including scoring in a 2-1 win over Barcelona.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
I’ve been hugely impressed with what I’ve seen of Wanyama this season. He’s 6 foot 2 inches and powerfully built, and I could see him making a real impact if he ever made the move to the Premier League. He reminds me a little of Michael Essien in his prime.
With Darren Fletcher struggling to overcome a bowel problem and Paul Scholes career coming to an end, Fergie is going to need to strengthen his midfield at some point and he could do a lot worse than look to Wanyama.
Would United like to see Wanyama come to Old Trafford? Get involved in the comments section below.