- Theo Walcott Offers Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal ‘Working’ On Deal To Re-Sign Unsettled Van Persie
- Chelsea Offered Tempting Diego Costa + £8m Swap Deal In Exchange For Courtois
- Cavani Agent In London For Talks Over Potential £54m Summer Move
- Chelsea Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s Salah Move After Submitting £10m Bid
- [Player Ratings] Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd: How The Blues Players Rated
Fergie Ponders Move For Kenyan Midfielder After Making Personal Scouting Trip
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Fergie has been on a scouting mission.
With his United squad off at a warm weather training camp in Qatar, Ferguson decided to brave to cold of Glasgow to watch highly-rated Wanyama score the second goal to cap an impressive display in a 4-0 win over Dundee United.
The Mirror claim the Scot has sent brother Martin to run-the-rule over the 21-year-old several times already this season and is now weighing up making a £10m move for the midfield enforcer.
Wanyama only moved to Celtic in July 2011 from Belgian outfit Beerschot but has made a huge impact at the SPL champions and has played a major role in the club reaching the last 16 of this seasons Champions League, including scoring in a 2-1 win over Barcelona.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
I’ve been hugely impressed with what I’ve seen of Wanyama this season. He’s 6 foot 2 inches and powerfully built, and I could see him making a real impact if he ever made the move to the Premier League. He reminds me a little of Michael Essien in his prime.
With Darren Fletcher struggling to overcome a bowel problem and Paul Scholes career coming to an end, Fergie is going to need to strengthen his midfield at some point and he could do a lot worse than look to Wanyama.
Would United like to see Wanyama come to Old Trafford? Get involved in the comments section below.