- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
- Chelsea Agree €91m Deal Following Meeting In London On Thursday
United Told It Will Take £25m To Land Argentina Stopper
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Man Utd are told to increase their offer for Ezequiel Garay.
The report claims United have tabled an opening offer of £12.5m of the Argentinean centre-back but the Portuguese outfit have told the Premier League leaders they will need to double it to £25m to persuade them to sell.
The Star claims that Sir Alex Ferguson sent scouts to run-the-rule over Garay during Benfica’s clash with Porto last week and while any transfer isn’t expected to be completed this month, Fergie is understood to be keen to sign the 26-year-old in the summer with the player also believed to be keen to move to Old Trafford if they two clubs can agree a fee.
Garay moved to Benfica in 2011 after three unsuccessful years in Spain with Real Madrid but has regained his form in Portugal and has been a rock at the back so far this season.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Madrid are believed to be owed a large percentage of any sell on fee so the Star feel Benfica are trying to squeeze as much as possible out of United. But I don’t think Ferguson will pay over the odds for any player, even one with the quality of Garay. He’d be an excellent signing for United but I can’t see a deal being struck unless Benfica lower their reported asking price.
Would United fans like to see Garay come to Old Trafford? Get involved in the comments section below.