- Liverpool Dealt Injury Blow As Star Taken To Hospital Following Training Incident
- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
Arsenal Transfer News: Wenger To Make Late Move For Barcelona Starlet
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Arsenal are linked with a Barcelona youngster.
Some interesting news this morning Gooners with the Daily Express reporting that Arsenal may look to bring Barcelona starlet Isaac Cuenca in on loan for the rest of the season.
The report claims boss Arsene Wenger has been a keen admirer of the 21-year-old’s for some time and has shown an interest in bringing him to north London in the past. However, any potential move was scuppered when Cuenca picked up a serious knee injury last season and he’s only recently returned to full fitness.
The Express claim Barcelona want the winger to go out on loan this month in order to get some first team football under his belt to aid his recovery with the paper suggesting Wenger is set to make a late move to bring him to the Emirates before the window shuts next week.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
I’ve seen quite a bit of Cuenca and he looks to be a real talent. His injury halted his progress but if we could get him in on loan it would be a good piece of business. He would fit in well with our system and could play on either the left or right, so would give us a new option on the wings.
However, I don’t see a winger as the priority this month. We need a defensive midfielder, striker and utility defender far more in my opinion. So I’d prefer Arsene to be concentrating on those positions during the final days of the window, then move for Cuenca if he still has time.
Who would you like Arsenal to sign this month? Get involved in the comments section below.