- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
Liverpool Injury & Team News Update: Reina, Enrique & Johnson
Liverpool are away at Oldham in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Sunday and manager Brendan Rodgers has given an injury and team news update ahead of the game.
Speaking at his weekly press conference at Melwood on Friday, Rodgers gave the latest news on Pepe Reina, Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson to the clubs official website.
Left back Enrique has been on the sidelines since injuring his hamstring at QPR back in December but is close to making a first team return. This weekend will come too soon for the Spaniard but he should be back in contention next week.
Goalkeeper Reina missed last weeks 5-0 win over Norwich at Anfield with a thigh injury and wont be risked this weekend but will be back to face Arsenal next Wednesday. Defender Johnson is also a major doubt with a tight hamstring and his fitness will be assessed on Saturday before a decision is made on his inclusion to face Oldham. Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com:
“We’ve got Jose Enrique, who is making good progress on his injury but it’s probably too soon for him this weekend, by next week he’ll be fine.
“Glen Johnson has been stiff in his hamstring so we’re monitoring the risk in that for the weekend. Nothing serious, but something we’ll assess over the next 24 hours.
“Pepe won’t be available for the weekend, he’ll just miss out. I’d assume that after the weekend he’ll be fine. I wouldn’t have played him in the game anyway.
We’ll have a full match preview for Liverpool game against Oldham up on the site on Saturday but now we’ve seen the team news, what would be your preferred starting eleven? Leave your suggestions in the comments section below.