- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Liverpool Injury & Team News Update: Reina, Enrique & Johnson
Speaking at his weekly press conference at Melwood on Friday, Rodgers gave the latest news on Pepe Reina, Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson to the clubs official website.
Left back Enrique has been on the sidelines since injuring his hamstring at QPR back in December but is close to making a first team return. This weekend will come too soon for the Spaniard but he should be back in contention next week.
Goalkeeper Reina missed last weeks 5-0 win over Norwich at Anfield with a thigh injury and wont be risked this weekend but will be back to face Arsenal next Wednesday. Defender Johnson is also a major doubt with a tight hamstring and his fitness will be assessed on Saturday before a decision is made on his inclusion to face Oldham. Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com:
“We’ve got Jose Enrique, who is making good progress on his injury but it’s probably too soon for him this weekend, by next week he’ll be fine.
“Glen Johnson has been stiff in his hamstring so we’re monitoring the risk in that for the weekend. Nothing serious, but something we’ll assess over the next 24 hours.
“Pepe won’t be available for the weekend, he’ll just miss out. I’d assume that after the weekend he’ll be fine. I wouldn’t have played him in the game anyway.
We’ll have a full match preview for Liverpool game against Oldham up on the site on Saturday but now we’ve seen the team news, what would be your preferred starting eleven? Leave your suggestions in the comments section below.