- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
FA Charge Chelsea’s Eden Hazard For Kicking Ball-Boy
Chelsea attacker Eden Hazard has been charged by the Football Association after being sent off for ‘kicking’ a ball-boy during their 0-0 draw with Swansea City in the second leg of their Capital One Cup semi final on Wednesday.
With the Blues trailing 2-0 on aggregate with just over 10 minutes remaining at the Liberty Stadium, Hazard rushed to retrieve the ball from a ball-boy on the sidelines. However, the 17-year-old fell on top of the ball, clearly trying to waste time and to try and prevent Hazard from taking a quick corner.
The 22-year-old Belgian then tried to kick the ball from underneath the youngster but was sent off for ‘violent conduct’ and now faces a three-match ban.
However, the FA have confirmed this afternoon that they have charged the Chelsea player with misconduct and he now has until 6pm on Tuesday January 29th to respond to the charge.
“The FA have charged Chelsea’s Eden Hazard following his side’s League Cup semi-final at Swansea City on 23 January 2013. It is alleged that Hazard’s behaviour in relation to a Swansea City ball boy, for which the player was dismissed in the 78th minute, constituted violent conduct whereby the standard punishment that would otherwise apply was clearly insufficient.
“The player has until 6pm on Tuesday 29 January 2013 to respond to the charge. The FA will remind all clubs of their responsibilities in ensuring ball boys and other personnel around the pitch act in an appropriate manner at all times and will liaise with competitions accordingly.”
How do Chelsea fans feel about this news? Does Hazard deserve to be charged by the FA?