- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
- Chelsea Agree €91m Deal Following Meeting In London On Thursday
Chelsea Make Late Move For Liverpool Target Butland
The report claims the Blues contacted City on Sunday to make their interest known and it’s suggested the cash-strapped Championship outfit may be willing to sell the youngster for as little as £3m.
The newspaper claims that Birmingham are ready to sell-off several key players in order to try and avoid going into administration and Chelsea are wanting to sign Butland as a long-term investment.
With Petr Cech, Ross Trunbull and Hilario already at Stamford Bridge, and youngster Thibaut Courtois impressing on loan at Atletico Madrid, the European champions appear to be well stocked in the goalkeeper department so a move for Butland comes as something of a surprise.
However, the Mirror claim that the Blues see the England under-21 international as a long-term investment and is seen as a cheap alternative in case either Cech or Courtois is sold in the near future. It’s also suggested that Chelsea may look to immediately loan Butland out if they manage to sign him before the end of the month.
The 19-year-old has been hugely impressive over the last 18 months and made his England debut back in August, so if Chelsea can snap him up for just £3m it would be something of a bargain. But the Mirror claim the likes of Liverpool and Everton are also keeping a close eye on the player so Chelsea may yet find themselves in a bidding war with their Premier League rivals.
Would you buy Butland for just £3m? Get involved in the comments section below.