- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Chelsea Make Late Move For Liverpool Target Butland
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Chelsea target Jack Butland.
Chelsea have made a shock move for Birmingham City goalkeeper Jack Butland who has also attracted interest from the likes of Liverpool, according to the Mirror.
The report claims the Blues contacted City on Sunday to make their interest known and it’s suggested the cash-strapped Championship outfit may be willing to sell the youngster for as little as £3m.
The newspaper claims that Birmingham are ready to sell-off several key players in order to try and avoid going into administration and Chelsea are wanting to sign Butland as a long-term investment.
With Petr Cech, Ross Trunbull and Hilario already at Stamford Bridge, and youngster Thibaut Courtois impressing on loan at Atletico Madrid, the European champions appear to be well stocked in the goalkeeper department so a move for Butland comes as something of a surprise.
However, the Mirror claim that the Blues see the England under-21 international as a long-term investment and is seen as a cheap alternative in case either Cech or Courtois is sold in the near future. It’s also suggested that Chelsea may look to immediately loan Butland out if they manage to sign him before the end of the month.
The 19-year-old has been hugely impressive over the last 18 months and made his England debut back in August, so if Chelsea can snap him up for just £3m it would be something of a bargain. But the Mirror claim the likes of Liverpool and Everton are also keeping a close eye on the player so Chelsea may yet find themselves in a bidding war with their Premier League rivals.
Would you buy Butland for just £3m? Get involved in the comments section below.