- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Dutch Playmaker Urged To Make Arsenal Move
AZ Alkmaar coach Gertjan Verbeek has urged Dutch playmaker Adam Maher to join Arsenal when he leaves the club, according to Goal.com.
The 19-year-old has been in superb form for AZ this season scoring 5 goals in 18 appearances so far and his form hasn’t gone un-noticed in England, with Goal claiming Arsenal and champions Manchester City have been linked with a move.
However, speaking on Dutch radio recently, the midfielders coach Gertjan Verbeek has backed Maher to move to the Emirates and follow in the footsteps of international team mate Robin van Persie.
“I think Arsenal is a perfect club for him. With Arsene Wenger, who worked with young talents like him before.
“He can get the most out of himself at Arsenal. Look at Robin van Persie, he joined Arsenal at a young age and look what he achieved.” Verbeek is quoted as saying by Goal.com
Maher is predominantly an attack-minded midfielder but can also play in a more deep-laying role and has already earned two caps for the Netherlands senior national team after just missing out on a place in their 2012 European championship squad.
While it’s nice for the AZ coach to put us forward as Maher’s next club, I think Arsenal need to concentrate on strengthening other area’s of the pitch right now. A playmaker shouldn’t be our priority any time soon, as we desperately need to sign a striker and a defensive midfielder before the window slams shut on Thursday night.
Would you like to see Maher join Arsenal? If not, who would you like boss Arsene Wenger to sign? Get involved in the comments section below.