- Real Madrid Accept Arsenal’s £48m Bid For Karim Benzema
- Arsenal To Submit £21m Bid For Bundesliga Attacker
- Manchester United Make Enquiry For 31-Goal Striker
- Man Utd Agree £22.3m Attacker Deal, Player Likely To Arrive Next Week
- Arsenal Star In Battle To Face Liverpool After Suffering Fresh Injury Blow
- Adidas Pushing For Deal As Man Utd Plot World Record Move For La Liga Attacker
Internacional Open Door For Damiao To Join Tottenham
Internacional admit striker Leandro Damiao could yet move to Tottenham today but insist negotiations will have to be swift if they’re to get the deal done before tonight’s 11pm deadline, according to Sky Sports News.
With Emmanuel Adebayor away at the African Cup of Nations, Jermain Defoe is the only senior striker Andre Villas-Boas is currently able to call upon.
This has lead to reports claiming boss AVB will look to make a late move in the market to bring a striker to White Hart Lane. Sky Sports suggest 23-year-old Leandro Damiao is under serious consideration with his club Internacional understood to value him at around £20m.
The clubs President Giovanni Luigi insists the north Londoners are yet to table a bid but he has opened the door for the striker to move to Tottenham, but feels the negotiations will have to be conducted quickly if the deal is going to be concluded before tonight’s deadline.
“Leandro Damiao will only leave if there is a very quick negotiation, but no official offer has been made.” Luigi is quoted as saying by Sky Sports
Read more Spurs transfer news
Will Tottenham make a formal bid? If so, will they be able to complete the deal in time? With just hours remaining of the January transfer window, we don’t have long to wait until we find out.
Do Spurs fans want Damiao? Get involved in the comments section below.