- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
Internacional Confirm They’ve Rejected Tottenham’s £17m Bid For Damiao
Tottenham Hotspur have failed with a £17m deadline day bid for Internacional striker Leandro Damiao, according to Sky Sports News.
The report claims Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is eager to add a striker to his squad before the transfer window shuts tonight, with Jermain Defoe the only senior forward available at present.
However, despite holding extensive talks with Internacional, Sky Sports claim Tottenham have failed with a late move for Damiao after seeing an offer worth in the region of £17m rejected by the Brazilian outfit. Internacional’s director Marcelo Medeiros said:
“Leandro Damiao won’t leave, the offer was below what we wanted.
“He is under contract with Internacional and will remain our player.” Medeiros is quoted as saying by Sky Sports
The 23-year-old has scored 24 goals in just 48 games for his club and is now expected to remain in Brazil until the summer. But Medeiros hinted a deal could yet be resurrected if Tottenham come back with an offer too good to refuse. When asked if the deal could still happen, he said:
“Of course. Lucas to PSG for example was a very good deal.” Medeiros is quoted as saying by Sky Sports
Read more Spurs transfer news
So as it stands Damiao doesn’t look like he’ll be moving to White Hart Lane, but Daniel Levy loves a late deal so there is still time yet for a deal to be struck. Don’t give up hope just yet Spurs fans!