- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Internacional Confirm They’ve Rejected Tottenham’s £17m Bid For Damiao
Tottenham Hotspur have failed with a £17m deadline day bid for Internacional striker Leandro Damiao, according to Sky Sports News.
However, despite holding extensive talks with Internacional, Sky Sports claim Tottenham have failed with a late move for Damiao after seeing an offer worth in the region of £17m rejected by the Brazilian outfit. Internacional’s director Marcelo Medeiros said:
“Leandro Damiao won’t leave, the offer was below what we wanted.
“He is under contract with Internacional and will remain our player.” Medeiros is quoted as saying by Sky Sports
The 23-year-old has scored 24 goals in just 48 games for his club and is now expected to remain in Brazil until the summer. But Medeiros hinted a deal could yet be resurrected if Tottenham come back with an offer too good to refuse. When asked if the deal could still happen, he said:
“Of course. Lucas to PSG for example was a very good deal.” Medeiros is quoted as saying by Sky Sports
Read more Spurs transfer news
So as it stands Damiao doesn’t look like he’ll be moving to White Hart Lane, but Daniel Levy loves a late deal so there is still time yet for a deal to be struck. Don’t give up hope just yet Spurs fans!