- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Suarez: I’ll Stay At Liverpool Even Without Champions League Football
Luis Suarez has given Liverpool a welcome boost by claiming he has no intention of quitting the club even if they miss out on Champions League qualification for next season, according to Sky Sports News.
The Uruguayan hitman has been in superb form since moving to Anfield from Ajax two years ago and has scored 43 goals in just 85 appearances, including 22 strikes already this campaign.
This form has lead to speculation over his future with the Independent one of several newspapers to claim new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has identified Suarez as his number one target and is ready to try and lure the 26-year-old to Germany when he takes over in the summer.
However, Suarez has moved to calm the nerves of Liverpool fans by insisting he is happy at Liverpool and while he will assess things at the end of the season, he’s revealed he intends to remain at Anfield even if the club miss out on Champions League football once again.
“I will wait until the end of the season and see how we are doing,”
“We won’t know until then how we are doing and what our position is so I am prepared to wait until that time.
“But I want to say now that, if you want to know what will happen to me if we don’t qualify for the Champions League, then I will say this: I have a contract with Liverpool and I am very happy here. I will stay.”
The news will come as a major boost to Reds boss Brendan Rodgers. While the club have improved their league position in recent weeks, a top-four finish remains unlikely this season. So it will be a relief to know that Suarez won’t be knocking on his door looking for a move if they fail to land a spot in Europe’s elite cup competition next season.