- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
United Miss Out On Top Summer Transfer Target?
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, have Man Utd missed out on Robert Lewandowski.
The Polish hitman became one of the most highly-rated strikers in Germany after his goals helped Borussia Dortmund secure back-to-back Bundesliga titles over the past two seasons.
Sky Sports News claim United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of the 24-year-old’s and is understood to be lining up a move for the striker at the end of the season. However, it seems Lewandowski is set to become Pep Guardiola’s first signing at Bayern when he takes over at the Allianz Arena in the summer with the report suggesting he’s available for a cut-price £18 million due to his contract situation.
Lewandowski has under 18 months left to run on his current deal and has shown no signs of signing an extension any time soon, so Dortmund look like they may have decided to cash-in in the summer rather than lose him for nothing the following year.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Links with a move to Old Trafford were intriguing. With Sir Alex Ferguson already having Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez at his disposal, where would Lewandowski fit in? Presumably either Welbeck or Hernandez would have to make way.
But it looks like United may have missed out anyway, if Sky Sports’ report is accurate, with the Polish forward apparently on his way to German giants Munich.
Would United fans like to see Lewandowski at Old Trafford next season? Get involved in the comments section below.