- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
Spurs Blow As Defoe Ruled Out For 3 Weeks
Tottenham have been dealt an injury blow with the news that striker Jermain Defoe has been ruled out for 3 weeks with ankle ligament damage, according to Sky Sports News.
Defoe was forced off early during Spurs 1-0 win at West Brom last Sunday after picking up the injury during the first half at the Hawthorns and was subsequently forced to pull out of England’s clash with Brazil on Wednesday night.
Initial fears were that the injury could keep the 30-year-old out of action for anything up to 2 months but further scans have revealed the true extent of the problem and Defoe will be on the sidelines for up to 3 weeks.
The news will come as a blow to manager Andre Villas-Boas as he tries to keep him side on course for a top-four finish this season. Spurs are currently fourth but only one point behind third-placed Chelsea and face vital games against Newcastle and West Ham, as well as a double-header with Lyon in the Europa League, this month.
However, Defoe’s injury is off-set by the early return of striker Emmanuel Adebayor who’s due back in London this week after Togo were knocked out of the African Cup of Nations.