- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
- Chelsea Agree €91m Deal Following Meeting In London On Thursday
Spurs Blow As Defoe Ruled Out For 3 Weeks
Tottenham have been dealt an injury blow with the news that striker Jermain Defoe has been ruled out for 3 weeks with ankle ligament damage, according to Sky Sports News.
Defoe was forced off early during Spurs 1-0 win at West Brom last Sunday after picking up the injury during the first half at the Hawthorns and was subsequently forced to pull out of England’s clash with Brazil on Wednesday night.
Initial fears were that the injury could keep the 30-year-old out of action for anything up to 2 months but further scans have revealed the true extent of the problem and Defoe will be on the sidelines for up to 3 weeks.
The news will come as a blow to manager Andre Villas-Boas as he tries to keep him side on course for a top-four finish this season. Spurs are currently fourth but only one point behind third-placed Chelsea and face vital games against Newcastle and West Ham, as well as a double-header with Lyon in the Europa League, this month.
However, Defoe’s injury is off-set by the early return of striker Emmanuel Adebayor who’s due back in London this week after Togo were knocked out of the African Cup of Nations.