- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Chelsea & Man Utd Eye Bargain Move For Brazilian Teen Sensation
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, ‘new Neymar’ on his way to England?
The player in question is Santos teenager Neilton, who hit the headlines after scoring a superb hat-trick against Palmeiras in the semi-finals of the Copa Sao Paulo Under 19 tournament.
The Mirror claim that European champions Chelsea are looking to snap the 19-year-old up for a bargain £5million due to a clause in the players contract, but they may face stiff competition from Manchester United who are also believed to be monitoring the youngster.
The report suggests Santos are quickly trying to renegotiate Neilton’s contract to prevent him from being bought on the cheap with clubs alerted to the player described as the ‘next Neymar’ in his homeland.
Neymar has also been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea but the Mirror believe he’s likely to join Barcelona so the Blues may be on the look-out for the next best thing.
It’s clear the west Londoners have a taste for Brazilians at Stamford Bridge with the club boasting a four-strong Brazilian contingent already in Oscar, Ramires, David Luiz and Lucas Piazon, so you wouldn’t bet against them adding Neilton to the list. But United have a few Samba stars of their own with the Da Silva twins and Anderson, so Fergie may yet try and level-up the numbers by adding a fourth himself.
Would you like Neilton to join your club? Get involved in the comments section below.