- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Wenger Makes £25m-Rated Montenegro Striker His No.1 Summer Target
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal target Jovetic.
Who’s Arsene Wenger’s No.1 summer transfer target? Well if you believe the Daily Mail it’s none other than Fiorentina striker Stefan Jovetic who is understood to be valued at around£25m.
The report claims Arsenal have ended their interest in David Villa after failing to land the Barcelona hitman in January and have now turned their attention to Jovetic as the boss looks to add to his strike-force in the summer.
The Mail suggest the 23-year-old has been on Wenger’s radar for some time with the boss understood to have extensively scouted him over the past 12 months and will continue to make checks throughout the second half of the season.
It’s also claimed by the newspaper that Arsene is prepared to break his transfer record to land the gifted striker with Fiorentina understood to value the Montenegro international at around £25m.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
I said last week that if we failed to land Villa in January I doubted we’d go back for him in the summer and it appears that’s going to be the case. I expect Arsene to go for a younger target who’s more of a long-term solution and if the Mail are to be believed that man is Jovetic.
It’s easy to understand why Wenger would be after him. As well as his obvious talents, he’s 23-years-old so has got his best years ahead of him and I think he’d be a great addition to the squad if we can get him at the end of the season.
Would you like to see Jovetic signed in the summer, or did you have another target in mind? Get involved in the comments section below.