- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
Liverpool Team News & Injury Update Including Latest On Sturridge & Sterling
Liverpool welcome West Brom to Anfield on Monday night looking build upon their impressive recent form and close the gap on the top four.
Ahead of the game, boss Brendan Rodgers has been speaking at his weekly press conference and gave the clubs official website a team news and injury update including the latest on Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling.
The good news is that winger Sterling is fit despite missing the England U-21′s win over Sweden on Tuesday night with a dead leg. The youngster has trained on Friday and is in contention to start against the Baggies.
However, Rodgers confirmed he’s sweating on the fitness of Sturridge after the striker was forced to miss England’s win over Brazil on Wednesday with a thigh injury picked up during Liverpool’s 2-2 draw with Manchester City last weekend. The in-form forward will be assessed over the weekend with a decision over his participation set to be made on Sunday.
Rodgers also confirmed he has no fresh injury concerns following the midweek round of international games, telling Liverpoolfc.com:
“Raheem was on the field this morning so he’ll be fine,”
“Daniel we’re just monitoring over the next couple of days. It’s not overly serious but we just need to assess to see where he’s at. We’ll see by Sunday.
“Everyone else is fine.”
So now we’ve seen the team news, what would be your starting line-up for the game? Get involved in the comments section.