- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Liverpool Linked With Chilean Midfielder
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Liverpool are linked with Manuel Iturra.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is eyeing a summer move to sign out-of-contract Malaga midfielder Manuel Iturra, according to the Mirror.
The report claims the 28-year-old is expected to leave Malaga on a free transfer at the end of the season after rejecting their latest contract offer. The Spanish side are said to be keen to extend his stay at the Estadio La Rosaleda but the player is understood to be aware he’ll be able to negotiate better terms elsewhere when he becomes a free agent when his current deal expires in June.
The Mirror suggest Liverpool are mulling over a move for the player – who’s earned 34 caps for the Chile national team – with boss Rodgers understood to be keen on adding to his midfield options and has been impressed with Iturra’s versatility.
After playing over 200 games in his homeland for Universidad Chile, Iturra earned himself a move to Europe when he was snapped up by Portuguese outfit U.D. Leiria in January 2011. After just six months he was sent out on loan to Spanish second division side Murcia where he impressed during his 35 appearances for the club and earned himself a move to Malaga in the summer.
However, it seems the La Liga club only offered him a one-year deal and they may live to regret that decision now that Iturra seems set to walk away for nothing at the end of the season. But Malaga’s loss could be to Liverpool’s gain.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Would Liverpool fans welcome the signing of Iturra? Get involved in the comments section below.