- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Danish Youngster Due To Arrive On Merseyside Ahead Of Week Long Trial With Liverpool
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Liverpool offer a trial to Mendoza.
Young Danish goalkeeper Kevin Ray Mendoza is due to arrive on Merseyside within the next 24 hours ahead of a week long trial with Liverpool, according to the Daily Express.
The 18-year-old currently plays for Danish 1st Division outfit Viborg FF and has made just three substitute appearances for the club, but it seems Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and his team of scouts have seen enough potential in him to bring him over to England to assess his capabilities during a week long trial with the club, which is due to begin on Wednesday.
Mendoza is excited about the trial, telling Viborg’s official website:
“It’s great. I look forward to trying it. It will be a great experience.” Mendoza is quoted as saying by the Express
The Express suggest Mendoza may have to ‘fill the boots’ of Pepe Reina with the Spaniard being eyed by the likes of Barcelona, but I find that highly unlikely. If he does make a permanent move to Anfield, the Danish youngster is likely to be considered as No.2 at best, or possibly even start life in the reserves, and if Reina leaves in the summer I’d fully expect the club to bring in an experienced keeper as No.1.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Current deputy Brad Jones has been less than convincing during his stints between the sticks this season, particularly during an FA Cup defeat to Oldham last month, so it’s no surprise Liverpool are looking at alternatives.