- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Danish Youngster Due To Arrive On Merseyside Ahead Of Week Long Trial With Liverpool
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Liverpool offer a trial to Mendoza.
Young Danish goalkeeper Kevin Ray Mendoza is due to arrive on Merseyside within the next 24 hours ahead of a week long trial with Liverpool, according to the Daily Express.
The 18-year-old currently plays for Danish 1st Division outfit Viborg FF and has made just three substitute appearances for the club, but it seems Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and his team of scouts have seen enough potential in him to bring him over to England to assess his capabilities during a week long trial with the club, which is due to begin on Wednesday.
Mendoza is excited about the trial, telling Viborg’s official website:
“It’s great. I look forward to trying it. It will be a great experience.” Mendoza is quoted as saying by the Express
The Express suggest Mendoza may have to ‘fill the boots’ of Pepe Reina with the Spaniard being eyed by the likes of Barcelona, but I find that highly unlikely. If he does make a permanent move to Anfield, the Danish youngster is likely to be considered as No.2 at best, or possibly even start life in the reserves, and if Reina leaves in the summer I’d fully expect the club to bring in an experienced keeper as No.1.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Current deputy Brad Jones has been less than convincing during his stints between the sticks this season, particularly during an FA Cup defeat to Oldham last month, so it’s no surprise Liverpool are looking at alternatives.