- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Arsenal & Man Utd Among Clubs Showing Interest In Borja Lopez
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Borja Lopez is being tracked by Premier League clubs.
The report claims the 18-year-old has become one of the most highly-rated young defenders in Spain with Arsenal and Manchester City understood to have been watching his progress in recent months.
It seems Premier League leaders United have now joined their rivals in monitoring the youngster with the Express suggesting Sir Alex Ferguson is considering making a move for Lopez when the transfer window opens in the summer, with the player said to have a buy-out clause worth £4.5million.
The newspaper believes that Ferguson will look to freshen up his defence at the end of the season, with Rio Ferdinand’s future still to be decided while concerns remain over the long-term fitness of Nemanja Vidic, and they claim that United scout Martin Ferguson has been sent to Spain to make personal checks on Lopez this season.
The leading Premier League clubs are constantly linked with the top young talent in Europe so it’s no surprise to see the likes of Arsenal, United and City being credited with an interest in Lopez. We’ll have to wait and see if any of the trio follow up their reported interest in the summer.
Who would you like to see your team buy in the summer? Get involved in the comments section below.