- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Falcao Deal Agreed?
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Chelsea are reported to have agreed a deal to sign Radamel Falcao.
Reports in Spain claim Chelsea have already agreed a deal to sign Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao in the summer, according to the Daily Express.
The Columbian hitman has become one of the most feared strikers in Europe in recent seasons after scoring 59 goals in 71 games since signing for Atletico Madrid in 2011 from Portuguese outfit Porto.
The Express suggest Falcao has been on Chelsea’s radar for some time with owner Roman Abramovich understood to want a marquee signing in the summer, and the Russian billionaire is said to have already shown the striker around Stamford Bridge and the clubs training facilities.
The newspaper claims that Spanish TV show Punto Pelota are reporting that Chelsea agreed a deal back in December that would see Falcao move to west London at the end of the season. The deal is understood to have been struck after Real Madrid withdrew their interest after president Florentino Perez decided against raiding their city rivals.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
This would be sensational news for Chelsea if these reports are true. The 27-year-old would be an amazing signing and send out a real message of intent to the rest of Europe.
However, nothing official has been released by Chelsea, Atletico Madrid or Falcao’s representatives so until that point we would take these reports with a pinch of salt.
Falcao is believed to have a £47m release clause in his contract, but that is well within Chelsea’s budget.