- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Chelsea Team News & Injury Update: Terry, Ba, Moses & More…
Chelsea welcome League One Brentford to Stamford Bridge on Sunday lunchtime for their FA Cup fourth round replay looking to book their place in the fifth round.
Boss Rafa Benitez has given Chelseafc.com a team news and injury update ahead of the game with the latest on David Luiz, Demba Ba, Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel’s availability. The Spaniard also confirmed other than Oriol Romeu he has no fresh injury concerns meaning John Terry, who missed Thursday’s 1-0 Europa League win over Sparta Prague due to a minor knee problem, is fit and available to face Brentford.
Defender David Luiz is back in contention after being suspended for the game on Thursday while striker Ba is also likely to return to the starting line-up after being ineligible in Europe after already playing for Newcastle in an earlier round.
Moses and Mikel are also expected to play after returning from their African Cup of Nations success with Nigeria last Sunday night and have been training well this week. Benitez told the clubs official website:
‘I am really pleased because we have John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses coming back from South Africa, and they are happy and training well,’
‘We have another session so that won’t be a problem and they will be available for Brentford.
‘Obviously Demba Ba and David Luiz were not available for the Europa League, but they are fine and it’s good news. Apart from Oriol Romeu everyone is fine and available.
‘We will choose a strong team because we want to progress. Now players can compete for positions and it’s good for us. To improve the competition between good players is good for the team.’
Now we’ve seen the team news, what would be your preferred starting eleven for the game? Leave your suggestions in the comments section below.