- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Liverpool vs Swansea Preview, Team News, Likely Line-ups & Predictions
Liverpool welcome Capital One Cup finalists Swansea City to Anfield on Sunday looking to get back to winning ways after another disappointing week for the Merseysiders.
Brendan Rodgers’ side have been plagued by inconsistent performances so far this season and followed up impressive displays away at Arsenal and Manchester City with losses to West Brom on Monday and Zenit St Pertesburg in the Europa League on Thursday.
The results have left the Reds 12 points off the pace for a top-four finish and with it all to do to qualify for the last 16 in Europe, so Rodgers will be keen to get their season back on track this weekend with a win which would move them up to seventh and above the visitors in the Premier League table.
The Liverpool boss will once again face his former side after suffering a 3-1 loss to the Welsh outfit at Anfield in the Capital One Cup back in October and a similar result would see Michael Laudrup’s men move to within two points of fifth placed Everton.
Liverpool will welcome back Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho for the game after the pair were ineligible to face Zenit in midweek.
Martin Skrtel was recalled in place of Daniel Agger on Thursday but may find himself back among the substitutes this weekend with Jamie Carragher likely to partner Agger in the heart of defence.
Lucas Leiva may also get a recall while Luis Suarez may be moved back out to the left to accommodate the return of Sturridge. Brendan Rodgers has no fresh injury concerns for the game meaning Martin Kelly is the only major absentee.
Swans boss Laudrup will be without influential defender Chico Flores after he picked up an ankle problem against QPR last week. Club captain Garry Monk is likely to come in but Kyle Bartley is pushing him for a starting berth.
The good news for the visitors is that midfielder Leon Britton looks to be winning his fitness race in time to play after recovering from an ankle knock but left-back Neil Taylor is continuing to recover from a broken leg.
Betting preview and predictions
Liverpool have a poor recent record against Swansea and have not scored a league goal against the Welsh side in their previous three meetings, drawing two and losing the other. A major problem for Rodgers this season has been his sides performances against teams in the top half with Liverpool yet to record a victory against those sides this season. However, Swansea have been struggling on the road of late – winning just once in six attempts – so we can see the Reds picking up a valuable three points on Sunday.
To see if my optimism was well placed, I headed over to Betegy.com and their prediction software has crunched the numbers and they support my view that Liverpool will win this game. They predict there is a 41% chance of a Liverpool win, 36% chance of a draw with a Swansea win at just 23%:
A Liverpool win is currently 8/13 with William Hill but if betting on the exact score is more your thing, Betegy data predicts there is a 33% chance the Reds will win 2-0 which is currently a 15/2 shot with William Hill.
Why not head over to Betegy and see what all the fuss is about? It’s free to join and you’ll receive free and accurate predictions for games throughout Europe every week. They have an excellent success rate so far so why not give it a try?
What would your starting eleven be and whats your score prediction? Get involved in the comments section below.