- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
Transfer News: Chelsea & Liverpool Eye Croatian Defender
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Liverpool and Chelsea are linked with Dejan Lovren.
Liverpool have joined Chelsea in showing an interest in Lyon defender Dejan Lovren with the Premier League rivals understood to be mulling over a summer move., according to the Daily Mail.
The Croatian centre-back moved to Lyon from Dinamo Zagreb in 2010 and after a difficult start to life in Ligue 1 he’s become a regular in Remi Garde’s starting eleven and has been hugely impressive at the heart of the French outfit’s defence over the last 18 months.
The Mail claim his form has attracted interest from Chelsea and Liverpool with the Premier League duo understood to be weighing up a move at the end of the season for the talented stopper.
After representing his country at every youth level, the 23-year-old has already racked up 16 caps for the Croatian senior national team after being handed his debut in 2009 by Slaven Bilic.
Lovren stands at 6 foot 2 inches and has an uncompromising style of play, so should have no problem coping with the physical nature of the Premier League if either Chelsea or Liverpool follow up their reported interest in the summer and manage to lure him to England.
Would Chelsea or Liverpool fans like to see Lovren at their club? Get involved in the comments section below.