- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
United Open Talks Over Rodriguez Swap Deal
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Man Utd are linked with a swap deal involving James Rodriguez and Nani.
Colombian winger Rodriguez has been in excellent form this season, scoring 7 goals in 11 league appearances, and is looked upon as one of the finest young prospects in Europe.
The Metro claims Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken directly with Porto officials about the possibility of a swap deal involving the 20-year-old and out-of-favour winger Nani, with the United boss keen to freshen up his squad this summer.
The report suggests Nani could be on his way out of the club at the end of the season after falling out-of-favour with Ferguson over a contract extension, and he could be followed out the Old Trafford exit door by the likes of Patrice Evra, Kiko Macheda and Bebe, with Rodrguez potentially joining Wilfred Zaha as part of United’s new-look attack next season.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Fergie told Sky Sports on Friday that he’d like to keep hold of Nani but insists the 26-year-old’s form will dictate whether he regains his first team place or not. However, a move in the summer looks increasingly likely and if United could engineer a swap deal with Rodriguez it could prove to be an excellent piece of business.
Would United fans like to see a swap deal involving Nani and Rodriguez? Get involved in the comments section below.