- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
[Teams] Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Diaby & Giroud Start
Arsenal welcome Aston Villa to the Emirates on Saturday afternoon looking to bounce back after another disappointing week.
After being knocked out of the FA Cup at the hands of Blackburn Rovers last weekend our trophy hopes for another season were all but ended with a 3-1 home defeat to Bayern Munich in the first leg of our Champions League last 16 clash on Tuesday, so victory this afternoon is vital if we’re to salvage anything from this season and finish in the top four.
Boss Arsene Wenger has been forced to bring in Carl Jenkinson for the game after Bacary Sagna was ruled out with a knee injury. Olivier Giroud is recalled to the side with Lukas Podolski dropping to the bench. Abou Diaby also starts in midfield with Aaron Ramsey the man to make way.
Here are the confirmed line-ups:
Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla
Subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Gervinho, Podolski
Aston Villa Team
Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Benteke
Subs: Marshall, El Ahmadi, Holman, Sylla, Bowery, Dawkins, Lichaj
Now we’ve seen the teams what’s your score prediction for the game? Get involved in the comments section below.