- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Arsenal & Manchester United To Battle For French Midfielder
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal and Man Utd chase Yohan Cabaye.
Arsenal and Manchester United will battle it out for Newcastle United midfielder Yahan Cabaye this summer, according to the Express.
The French international has been outstanding in the middle of the park for Newcastle since signing from Lille in 2011 in a deal worth under £5million, and it seems his form hasn’t gone unnoticed with Premier League giants Arsenal and Manchester United both understood to be keen on luring him away from St James’ Park in the summer.
The Express claim Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will be armed with a £70million warchest at the end of the season as he looks to build a squad capable of challenging for trophies next year and is understood to have earmarked around £15million to try and land Cabaye.
However, the Gunners may face competition from the league leaders with the newspaper suggesting Sir Alex Ferguson wants to add to his midfield options this summer and is said to have ordered his scouts to make regular checks on the 27-year-old Geordie star.
After narrowly missing out on a top-four finish last season, Newcastle have found themselves battling at the wrong end of the table this campaign. Their form has picked up in recent weeks, with Cabaye scoring in a 4-2 win over Southampton on Sunday to move them up to 14th in the table, but Alan Pardew may find it difficult to hang on to the Frenchman this summer if the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd come calling.
Would Arsenal and United fans like to see Cabaye at your club? Leave your opinions in the comments section below.