- Theo Walcott Offers Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal ‘Working’ On Deal To Re-Sign Unsettled Van Persie
- Chelsea Offered Tempting Diego Costa + £8m Swap Deal In Exchange For Courtois
- Cavani Agent In London For Talks Over Potential £54m Summer Move
- Chelsea Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s Salah Move After Submitting £10m Bid
- [Player Ratings] Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd: How The Blues Players Rated
Liverpool Injury Update: Sturridge A Doubt For Wigan Clash
Liverpool face Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium on Saturday afternoon looking to keep alive their fading hopes of a top-four finish.
Boss Brendan Rodgers has been speaking at his weekly press conference on Thursday afternoon and has given Liverpoolfc.com a team news and injury update ahead of the game with the latest on Daniel Sturridge.
The striker is a doubt for the game after picking up a knock and his fitness will be assessed on Friday ahead of the trip to the DW to determine whether he’ll be able to feature. Rodgers confirmed he has no other injury concerns meaning defender Martin Kelly and striker Fabio Borini are the only first team players unavailable.
Rodgers told the clubs official website:
“Everyone is fine.
“Daniel has had a little knock, but we’ll assess the in the next day or so and we’ll see how he is for the weekend.
“Apart from that, everyone is good.”
If Sturridge fails to make it, Raheem Sterling may be given a recall to the first team with Luis Suarez spearheading the attack.
Now we’ve had the team news what would be your starting eleven for the game? Leave your suggestions in the comments section below.