- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Argentinean Striker Heading To North London?
Despite the transfer window being closed there is still plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal and Tottenham are linked with Gonzalo Higuain.
Arsenal and Tottenham are leading the chase to sign Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain – who wants to move to the Premier League this summer, according to the Mirror.
The Argentinean hitman is in his seventh season at the Bernabeu and has been a huge hit at the Spanish giants since making the move from River Plate in 2006, going on to score 100 goals in 179 La Liga games so far. However, he has fallen down Jose Mourinho’s pecking order in recent months with French striker Karim Benzema now preferred up front and it seems he could be set to leave this summer.
The Mirror claims Higuain has told Madrid officials he wants to join a Premier League club at the end of the season and the La Liga champions are understood to have allowed him to negotiate a move with Arsenal and Tottenham among the clubs interested.
The Gunners are in desperate need of more options up front with Olivier Giroud the only real out-and-out striker available at present, and the Mirror suggests that boss Arsene Wenger has already made contact with the 25-year-old’s representatives to register his interest.
Spurs may also be on the look-out for another front man with Emmanuel Adebayor struggling to find the net this season while Jermain Defoe has had his injury problems and the newspaper claims they may use their close relationship with Madrid to try and broker a deal, with the Spaniard’s understood to value Higuain at around £22m.
Would Arsenal or Spurs fans like to see Higuain signed this summer? Get involved in the comments section below.