- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Henry Trying To Persuade Barcelona’s Victor Valdes To Sign For Arsenal
Despite the transfer window being closed there is still plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Thierry Henry is helping Arsenal try to sign Victor Valdes.
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry is helping out his former side by trying to persuade Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes to move to the Emirates in the summer, according to the Express.
The report claims boss Arsene Wenger has made the Spanish stopper one of his priority signings this summer and speculation has been rife that Valdes could be on the move at the end of the season after he recently announcing he won’t be signing a new contract at the Nou Camp.
With his current deal due to expire in 2014, it seems the Spanish champions may be keen to cash-in this summer with the Express suggesting that Arsenal are set to table an opening offer of £8.5m and former Gunner Henry is understood to be ‘working on’ trying to persuade his former Barca team-mate to move to the Emirates.
Another goalkeeper is certainly required for next season and ideally we need someone experienced who can seriously push Wojciech Szczesny for the number one jersey, and 31-year-old Valdes could fit the bill nicely.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
Szczesny’s form has dipped this season and I feel much of this is down to him not having any serious competition behind him, so I would welcome the arrival of Valdes this summer and he would join a growing Spanish contingent that already includes Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal.
Do you think Arsenal need a new goalkeeper? Would you like to see Valdes arrive this summer? Get involved in the comments section below.