- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Arsenal Tipped To Raid Malaga For A Third Time
Despite the transfer window being closed there is still plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal are linked with Jeremy Toulalan.
Arsenal are understood to be lining up a third raid on cash-strapped Malaga with Arsene Wenger having his eye on midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, according to the Express.
We’ve already exploited the La Liga clubs financial problems twice with the signings of Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal but the report claims the boss is keen to add a defensive midfielder to his squad this summer and has identified Toulalan as a potential target.
The 29-year-old moved to Malaga from Lyon in 2011 and helped the club reach the quarter finals of the Champions League for the first time in the clubs history with a 2-1 aggregate win over Porto on Wednesday night.
However, the Express claim he’s keen for a move this summer with Atletico Madrid understood to be interested, but it seems that Arsenal may also be about to join the chase for his signature as Wenger looks to add a more defensive minded midfielder to his ranks ahead of next season.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
We haven’t replaced Alex Song since he left for Barcelona last summer and I’ve been calling for the boss to sign someone to protect the back-four all season. While Toulalan is more a ‘ball-player’ than ‘destroyer’ type, he still likes to sit deep and is far more athletic than Mikel Arteta, so he could be a useful addition to the squad.
Personally, I would rather we went for Victor Wanyama or Etienne Capoue, but as long as the boss brings someone in who he thinks can fill the void, I’ll be happy.
Who would you like to see Arsenal sign this summer? Get involved in the comments section below.