- Jose Mourinho Offers Worrying Update After Bailly Suffers ‘Bad’ Injury v Chelsea
- Man Utd Boss Offers Fitness Update On Duo Ahead Of Chelsea Clash
- Chelsea Suffer Huge Injury Blow Ahead Of Man Utd Showdown
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Duo Will Miss Ludogorets Clash
- Key Man To Leave? Wenger Casts Doubt Over Future Of £140k-A-Week Arsenal Superstar
- Mourinho To Make 2 Changes In 4-2-3-1: Predicted Man Utd XI To Face Liverpool
Man Utd Team News and Injury Update: Including The Latest On Jones & Nani
Manchester United welcome relegation-threatened Reading to Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon looking to maintain their healthy lead at the top of the Premier League table.
Ahead of the game, boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been speaking to reports at Carrington and has given ManUtd.com a team news and injury update with the latest on Phil Jones and Nani’s fitness.
Portuguese ace Nani was forced off with a hamstring injury during last weekends 2-2 draw with Chelsea in the FA Cup and initial fears were that it could be another long spell on the sidelines for the winger. However, while Ferguson confirmed he’ll miss this weekends action the injury is not as bad as first feared and Nani should be back in a couple of weeks time.
Defender Jones will also miss the visit of Reading as he continues to overcome an ankle knock but he’s expected back in full training next week, and Fergie confirmed he has no fresh injury worries to contend with, telling the clubs official website:
“Nani came off against Chelsea but it is not serious and it will only be a couple of weeks out,”
“We thought it was another bad hamstring injury but it’s only a slight one. Hopefully he’ll be ready for action after the Sunderland game.
“Phil Jones is not back yet, but he should start training next week. The players have done well in training this week and hopefully we’ll be okay tomorrow [Saturday].”
We’ll have a full match preview for the game up on the site shortly but now we’ve seen the team news, what would be your preferred starting line-up for the game tomorrow? Get involved in the comments section.