- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Man Utd Team News and Injury Update: Including The Latest On Jones & Nani
Portuguese ace Nani was forced off with a hamstring injury during last weekends 2-2 draw with Chelsea in the FA Cup and initial fears were that it could be another long spell on the sidelines for the winger. However, while Ferguson confirmed he’ll miss this weekends action the injury is not as bad as first feared and Nani should be back in a couple of weeks time.
Defender Jones will also miss the visit of Reading as he continues to overcome an ankle knock but he’s expected back in full training next week, and Fergie confirmed he has no fresh injury worries to contend with, telling the clubs official website:
“Nani came off against Chelsea but it is not serious and it will only be a couple of weeks out,”
“We thought it was another bad hamstring injury but it’s only a slight one. Hopefully he’ll be ready for action after the Sunderland game.
“Phil Jones is not back yet, but he should start training next week. The players have done well in training this week and hopefully we’ll be okay tomorrow [Saturday].”
We’ll have a full match preview for the game up on the site shortly but now we’ve seen the team news, what would be your preferred starting line-up for the game tomorrow? Get involved in the comments section.