- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Tottenham Team News & Injury Update: Latest On Defoe, Lloris, Dempsey & More…
Tottenham Hotspur welcome Basel to White Hart Lane on Thursday night for the first leg of their Europa League quarter final clash.
Boss Andre Villas-Boas has been holding his pre-match press conference on Wednesday ahead of the game and gave TottenhamHotspur.com a team news and injury update with the latest on Hugo Lloris, Jermain Defoe, Clint Dempsey and Tom Carroll.
The good news is that goalkeeper Lloris has returned to training and is in contention after missing Saturday’s 2-1 win over Swansea City with a knee injury that was picked up while away on international duty with France. Attacker Dempsey is also back in the frame after also returning to full training after his World Cup qualifying exploits with the USA.
However, striker Defoe has been ruled out of Thursday’s game as well as Sunday’s clash with Everton with a muscle injury, but he has a slight chance of returning to play in the second leg against Basel next week. Here is what the Spurs boss told the clubs official website:
“Hugo is back in training, Clint is also fully involved after his international fixtures but Jermain is a new injury blow,”
“Jermain is likely to miss the next two games against Basel and Everton but has a small chance for the second leg against Basel.”
AVB also told TottenhamHotspur.com that midfielder Tom Carroll remains out with a hamstring injury and joins Younes Kaboul and Sandro on the sidelines.
Now we’ve seen the team news what would be your preferred starting eleven for the game? Get involved in the comments section below.