- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
United Agree £5m-A-Year Deal With Alcantara But Chelsea Could Yet Make Late Swoop
Manchester United have taken a huge step closer to signing Thiago Alcantara after agreeing personal terms of £5m-a-year with the Barcelona midfielder, according to the Daily Mail, but could there be a late twist?
Alcantara has emerged as one of Europe’s hottest properties after a stunning MOTM display in the final of the European Under-21 Championships this week, with his hat-trick guiding Spain to a 4-2 win over Italy to retain the trophy.
The Mail claim he’s grown frustrated at his lack of playing time at the Nou Camp and his buy-out clause dropped from £77m to just £17m this summer after he failed to play in a certain percentage of fixtures last season.
The report claims United are now on the verge of sealing a sensational deal with negotiations with Barcelona set to continue over the weekend after the club agreed personal terms following talks with the 22-year-old’s father, Mazinho.
However, there could yet be a late sting in the tale with the Mirror reporting that Chelsea and Bayern Munich have joined the race to land Alcantara and the pair are ready to go head-to-head with the United to lure him away from the Nou Camp this summer.
New Bayern boss Pep Guardiola knows the midfielder well from his time at Barca while Jose Mourinho is also understood to be a huge fan of the youngsters, so it appears United still have some work to do before they seal the deal, despite seemingly agreeing personal terms with the player.
Would you like to see Alcantara sign for your club? Get involved in the comments section below.