- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
Arsenal & Chelsea Suffer Blow In Striker Pursuit
With the summer transfer window set to open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest Arsenal transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal and Chelsea suffer a blow in their pursuit of Stevan Jovetic.
Arsenal and Chelsea look set to miss out on Stevan Jovetic with Real Madrid now firm favourites to land the Fiorentina striker, according to the Express newspaper.
Jovetic has emerged as one of Europe’s hottest properties after another excellent season in Italy, where he scored 13 goals in 31 games to help Fiorentina finish fourth in the Serie A table.
His impressive form has lead to interest from England with the Express claiming Arsenal and Chelsea are both extremely keen to bring him to the Premier League this summer, with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger believed to be a long-term admirer of the 23-year-old’s while new Blues boss Jose Mourinho is also understood to be a keen admirer.
However, the London duo have now suffered a blow with the news that new Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti wants to take the Montenegrin international to Spain as he looks to re-shape his squad ahead of next season, and the newspaper claims the La Liga giants are now considered firm favourites to sign the £20m-rated striker this summer.
It appears the Premier League pair are already looking at other targets, with Arsenal heavily linked with Gonzalo Higuain in recent weeks while Chelsea have been credited with interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski.
Would Arsenal and Chelsea fans be disappointed to miss out on Jovetic? Get involved in the comments section below.