- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Spurs Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s £20m Playmaker Deal
With the summer transfer window set to open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest Arsenal transfer rumours. Today, Spurs are tying to hijack Liverpool’s move for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Tottenham Hotspur have made a late attempt to try and hijack Liverpool’s move for £20m-rated Shakhtar Donetsk playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan, according to the Daily Mail.
Mkhitaryan has emerged as one of the hottest properties in Europe after an excellent season in Ukraine that saw the attacking midfielder put in a string of match winning performances and score 25 goals to help Shakhtar win the title in comfortable fashion.
Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for the 24-year-old in recent weeks and were thought to be on the verge of sealing a deal worth in the region of £20m.
However, the transfer is now in doubt after the Mail revealed that Tottenham have made a late move for the Armenian international with the north Londoners holding talks with the players advisors over a potential switch to White Hart Lane.
The report suggests that Spurs focus remains on trying to tie up Brazilian midfielder Paulinho but with that deal understood to be close to completion, it appears Andre Villas-Boas is now moving on to other targets with Mkhitaryan firmly in his sights.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been conducting his business early this summer and is expected to press ahead to try and land the playmaker ahead of Tottenham, but the Mail claim that the Premier League pair also face competition from Borussia Dortmund – who’ve apparently had a £19.5m bid turned down with Shakhtar holding out for nearer £25m.
How would Liverpool fans feel if Tottenham hijacked your move for Mkhitaryan? Share your views below.