- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Liverpool Renew Interest In £8m Starlet After Atsu Move Falls Flat
With the summer transfer window now open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Liverpool have renewed their interest in Tom Ince.
Liverpool have contacted Blackpool to renewed their interest in starlet Tom Ince after their pursuit of Porto’s Christian Atsu stalled, according to Goal.com.
The report claims that Cardiff and Swansea are in for the talented winger but a move to Liverpool would be a hugely tempting prospect for the 21-year-old and the Reds have now been in touch with Blackpool to inform them of their interest with the promise of notifying the Championship outfit later this week whether they will active his £8m release clause.
Brendan Rodgers tried to sign Ince in January but a deal couldn’t be agreed between the two clubs with negotiations complicated by the fact Liverpool have a 35% sell-on clause after the player moved to Blackpool from Anfield in 2011, but Goal suggest he’s revived his interest after a proposed move for Porto’s 21-year-old Ghana international winger Christian Atsu stalled.
Liverpool have been busy in the early weeks of the summer transfer window, already bringing in goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, defender Kolo Toure, attacking midfielder Luis Alberto and striker Iago Aspas, but it appears Rodgers is still keen to further strengthen his attacking options ahead of next season and a move for England Under-21 winger Ince looks very much back on the agenda.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Would Liverpool fans like to see Ince signed this summer? Get involved in the comments section below.