- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Man Utd Team News: Moyes Gives Latest On Van Persie, Ferdinand & More
Van Persie returned to action after a groin injury as a second half substitute during Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to West Brom and Moyes has confirmed the Dutchman is now fully fit but he will make a late decision over whether to start him against the Ukranian champions or not.
However, the United boss also revealed that defender Rio Ferdinand will miss the game after picking up a minor groin problem, but it’s expected to keep him out for too long. Fabio, Wilfried Zaha and Anderson have all been left behind in Manchester so join Ferdinand in missing the game.
Here’s what Moyes told the clubs official website:
“Yes, Robin is fit, but we will make a decision tomorrow whether we start him or not.”
“He’s as good as anybody I have seen. His movement and his football sense on the pitch are fantastic in terms of the positions he picks up. And he is a great goalscorer, [capable of] scoring all different types of goals.”
The other main piece of team news conveyed to the media in Donetsk concerned Rio Ferdinand, who was a notable absentee from the flight out of Manchester on Tuesday afternoon.
“We have left one or two players behind. Anderson, Fabio, Wilf Zaha and Rio Ferdinand are not with us. Rio has a slight groin problem but it’s nothing serious.”
United are looking to make it two wins from two in Europe after beating Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 in their Group A opener, but will face a talented Shakhtar side who also won their opening game with a 2-0 win over Real Sociedad.
What would be your preferred starting eleven for the game? Share yours below.